The Castle's Keep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Castle's Keep

Courts of kingdoms always hide secrets, be they from other members of the court or foreign nations. Though noble houses band together, sometimes they are kept that way only to plot against one another

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MattieJay

MattieJay

The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Empty
PostSubject: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Lupa grinned as she rode into her village, her trusted pet hound besides her. Once again she had a good hunt and there would be a good feast in the village tonight. She slowed down as her ear caught the sounds of the other women gossiping away, but she could not hear what they were saying. She huffed to herself and gave up, giving her kill to the women by the fire she started for her grandfather's home, she slowed when she heard the voice of a man. She glanced inside carefully, she could only see a large man with his back to her as he talked to her grandfather. She took a deep breath and stepped inside the dwelling, "Grandfather, i am back from the hunt." She said with a smile to her grandfather the chief.

The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  4133611_gal

Last edited by MattieJay on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 pm

"Sir, I cannot help your village if you do not make the necessary arrangements for proper weaponry," the tall brute of a man, called Da'vid by those who knew him, spoke to the aging chief of the Fleetfoot clan.

Da'vid had came from across the sea, an isle by the name of Feros, at the request of the chieftan. There was to be a war against another clan and unless the Fleetfoot's had more members in the army they could not win. Da'vid knew more than anyone the importance of not losing your culture to another tribe.

He had the feeling of being watched and as he turned his back to the chief, something his own father had taught him never to do for fear that death would come in the form of betrayl, he sat eyes on a beautiful young woman. She was unlike anything he had ever seen in his own village. She was younger than he was by quite a few years and appeared to have never seen the bloody horrors of battle.

"Who are you and why are you watching us?" Da'vid asked, crossing his heavily tattooed arms over his broad chest.
Back to top Go down
https://the-castles-keep.forumotion.com
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Lupa studied the large man before her, he was unlike any of the other men in the village, her eyes lingered over the many war tattoos before looking him in the eyes. Her eyes not show any fear at all of the large man, only curiousity and little bit of fascination at the strange man, "I am Lupa Fleetfoot, granddaughter of Chief Meer." She paused only a second as she proudly lifted her head and finished, "Choosen huntress of the guardien wolf."

Her grandfather couldn't help but smile proudly, his granddaughter had been his pride and joy in his old age and he loved her dearly. He laughed very softly "Dearest child please show some respect for my guest." He turned to Da'vid, "This is my grandchild, she lives with me in my dwelling."
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 am

"Grandchild, chieftan, a daughter of a warrior clan. You best keep an eye on her, many of her peers would gobble her up," joked Da'vid as he turned back to Chief Meer. "This talk, however, I do not believe is for the ears of children. If she were older, I would say that we could continue our talk. For now, however, let me see some of the hospitality that your people are famed for within their circles. I have travelled many days to be here amongst you."

It was true, Da'vid remembered the aching boat rides in their canoes across the Hea Vesi. He remembered travelling by horseback and the many nights that had camped out under the beautiful stars. It was nothing that he was not use to. The world wasn't the same where he was from but it wasn't that different either.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Lupa huffed at being called a child, it was one of the things she really didn't like. True she was barely past her eighteenth summer, but she had been a full hunter since her fourteenth summer and could hold her own better then most of the twenty summers warriors. But she held her tongue, she knew her grandfather would not of asked the man here if he didn't have need for him and she would show respect like her grandfather asked. She did huff to herself again though, still annoyed.

Chief Meer smiled, "She is strong, pride of my clan... But of course please forgive me, you have traveled far. We have dwellings prepared for you and your men." He looked at his granddaughter again, "Lupa please, show Chief Da'vid to the dwelling that was prepared for him.

Lupa bowed respectfully to her dear grandfather. "Of course, as you wish grandfather." She turned back to the doorway, saying to Da'vid. "This way..."
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Da'vid has witnessed many a thing in his 34 years of life. He had seen many a wonderous animal and had held conversation with many a person. Yet he had never seen anyone as aggrivated as this young woman who stood before him. His eyes searched her body, though she was beautiful she was much younger than he.

"Thank you, my friend," Da'vid replied in Chief Meer's direction. "I have travelled many a mile to be here to help a man who once helped me when I needed it the most."

He would never forget how Chief Meer had saved his life the first time he had traveled so far out of Sakura, where he had been with his family on business, into the common lands. He smiled and turned to Lupa as he followed her, "I am sorry my words cut you to the quick. I meant nothing by them."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:20 am

She glanced back at him and was quiet for a few moments. She looked back in front of herself before finally answering him as she looked back again. "Your words did not cut me... I am used to such words from the junior hunters, they think such words will make me become a proper woman of the clan." She huffed to herself at the last part, not words or man would ever change her.
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 am

"I am not a junior hunter," Da'vid replied in a rather gruff voice. He had never been so insulted in his life. "I do not know the ways of your people, nor any people outside of mine own or those of Sakura. I am Da'vid Bautista, leader of a small tribe on the isle of Feros. "I do not know the way women of your tribe work. Women in my tribe are servants to the goddess."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 am

Lupa turned to face him, "I meant no insult, I was only saying that I was not insulted. Most women are taught to obey husband, take care of him and do not question him or do anything that will make him look bad. I am blessed with a grandfather that does believe in such things and I was choosen by the wolf. Most of the young men think they must tame me and they often try with words, that is all I was saying." She shook her long hair back with a sence of pride as she continued, "I meant no insult and I do not wish to anger my grandfather's guest." She stopped infornt of a comfortable dwelling, "This is your dwelling sir, the food hunt is infront of your dwelling and the river for washing is behind it. I will take my leave if you have no more need for me sir." She said with a bow, planning on leaving to wash the grime of the hunt off.
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:02 am

Da'vid nodded, still not uncrossing his broad arms from his chest as he walked. "Chosen by the wolf you say? This sounds like a very intriguing thing. Tell me, what happens for the lot of you to have been chosen by a wolf. Where I'm from, wolves are not the most trustworthy of animals."

It was true, his people believed the wolf to be a very sneaky and very untrustworthy animal. The last thing he wanted was to make a truce with a man who was less than trustworthy. He looked around the small hut as he arrived. It was not as large as his back home but then again his own father had taken the time to build the dwelling with his own hands. "My dwelling is rather small is it not? I would not care about size if I was not such a large man. I tower over most and am to big for most normal things."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:37 am

Lupa's eyes flashed with anger as he called wolves untrustworthy. "The wolf is the protector of this clan! The wolves have long helped my people and and consittered as close as kin! Those chosen by the wolf are meant to someday protect the clan from great danger! It is a great honor and task ahead for one with the mark!" Her voice held great anger though it was never raised at all, she wondered how her grandfather could trust such a man. "It is much bigger then it looks, however if it still does not suit you i will tell my grandfather your request.... I am sure they will have a more suitable dwelling fixed soon." She said quietly, close to just leaving.
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 am

Da'vid frowned, his arms crossed over his chest making him look rather intimidating. "I'm sorry that I insulted your patron animal but in my people's culture the wolf is a trickster. I am...how you say....unuse to such things. Where I am from, we honor the boar."

He reached out, putting a hand on her shoulder, "I am truly sorry that I have offended you, that was not my intention."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 am

Lupa was not intimidated but tilted her head curiously as he mentioned the strange word, she had never heard of the boar before. She looked up at him when he put his hand on here shoulder, his large hand completely engulfing her shoulder. "I... It is alright... You had no knowledge of it... You were only speaking from what you know, I cannot be offended sir." She said softly before asking, "What is this boar?"
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Da'vid smiled at him, "I was only speaking from what I know and I am glad that you are not offended. Offending a woman is one of the worst things a Ferosian warrior like myself could do."

He looked unsure, "You have never heard of the boar? It is like a pig with tusks."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:43 am

Lupa found it fascinating what he said, she had never heard of another clan that sounded like it had so much respect for women. She was even more fascinated when he decribed the boar to her. "A pig with tusks? Is it a hunter or planteater? How big are they? Are their tusks long?" She asked with sparkling eyes that held great curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Da'vid Bautista

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 am

Da'vid laughed as he looked her over. She was a curious thing and curiosity was always a trait that was to be admired amongst his people. "A boar has tusks and it is a planteater but they have been known to gore a man or woman on the hunt. They are a bit bigger than the average pig. The tusks are semi-long. I have etchings of them if you would like to see."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:32 am

Lupa's curiosity only grew as he discribed the creature to her, she had always been a curious child and loved finding out new things. "Really? I would love to see them." She said with a happy smile, she wanted to find out more about the creaure and his land. She smile as her hound walked up to them and sniffed the man she was with.
Back to top Go down
Da'vid Bautista

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:07 am

Da'vid smiled and nodded, "I will have my brother bring them to supper. I assume we have a feast being prepared. No inviting of a guest into the home is ever complete without a feast."

Crouching in front of the hound, Da'vid slowly held out his hand so the creature could sniff him. After it assessed that he was not a threat to it's master, or mistress in this case, he scratched behind his ears. "It's a wonderful beast. What sort is it?"
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 am

"Grandpa always has a grand feast for guests, we like to show our hospitality and no best way then a feast. Lupa said with a proudly, her people were known for great hospitality. She smiled down at her dear pet. "His name is Shadow, he is half wolf half dog. He was a gift from the guardian wolf, they say she sent my father's spirit to me in my dear friend."
Back to top Go down
Da'vid Bautista

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 am

Da'vid smiled, sitting on the ground and leaning against the wall of the hut. It was a beautiful place and the company he kept only seemed to make it even that more beautiful. "My people are known for eating quite a bit," Da'vid nodded, "I hope your Grandfather can feed the lot of us."

Looking at the dog, he smiled. "It's unlike anything that I have ever seen before. Perhaps when you visit Feros, you will see the pets I keep."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Lupa smiled, "There was be more the enough for tonight, we will be eating from my hunt today. A large creature called a wilderbeast was my prey today." Her eyes sparkled, "I would love a chance to visit your land sir, I have heard there are many many interesting creatures!" She loved the tales of the different lands that many of the men had visited for trading.
Back to top Go down
Da'vid Bautista

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:07 am

"A wildebeest you say," smiled Da'vid, looking at her as her hound laid it's head in his lap. "I would much like to see this creature. I have heard talk of fantastic beasts and animals that reside in your lands as well."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 am

"We have many interesting creatures.... Maybe we shall go on a hunt together tomorrow?" She asked, she had never asked a man to join her in one of her hunts though she had joined the men in the clan hunts. She had always seen the hunts as a special thing and would only ask special people.
Back to top Go down
Da'vid Bautista

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:27 am

"A hunt," Da'vid smiled, "I have been thinking of getting out to see the world and a hunt would be the exact sort of thing I need." He had never been hunting outside of his own kingdom and he was slightly intrigued with going on one.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 am

Lupa smiled and nodded, "Then tomorrow morning let us meet out by the river, maybe at dawn? Grandfather says it is always best to start when the prey is starting it's day as well." She reached to pet her hound, "There are many creature's to show you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)    The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunt (Lupa/Da 'vid)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next