The Castle's Keep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Castle's Keep

Courts of kingdoms always hide secrets, be they from other members of the court or foreign nations. Though noble houses band together, sometimes they are kept that way only to plot against one another

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nols
Admin
Nols

Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Empty
PostSubject: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 am

There was a time when he would have welcomed a visit to the kingdom of Ulfur. When his father had been alive, and had been a mere lord, Stuart remembered traveling to all sorts of places. Ulfur had been his father’s favorite. It was a land of wealth and beauty, the trees serving as something that in Luminiege, he was only use to seeing occasionally. Even in his youth the cold weather had only mainly allowed pine trees to grow. In Ulfur he loved the variety, the oaks and the cypress and even the redwoods. They were something to be marveled at.

Now that he was older and realized his place as king, Stuart dreaded leaving the kingdom. He feared more often than not that an assassin of some sort would end his life. He feared for control of the throne, preferring to send out his guard to deal with matters of diplomacy. But when one received an invitation personally, one could not turn it down.

That’s why he was on the back of his bravest stallion, a large horse called a Clydesdale which he had only seen before in Luminiege, riding through the forest. His majestic bear furs had proved to be to hot for a day like this but none-the-less, he wore the cloak and his armor. Even though Stuart had never served in the army of Luminiege, he had to look regal. His normal everyday clothes would not serve the point he wanted to get across. He wanted to show that he was not a man to be trifled with. If Ulfur had sent the invitation to this dinner as a way to say they were declaring war, he would show them why he was not to be trifled with.
The banner men rode on with purpose in front of Stuart, allowing him time to remember his youth.

“Tag you’re it!” the young lord laughed as he put a hand on the arm of the young prince of Ulfur. “Now you gotta catch me!”

“Aw Stu, I don’t wanna play this game no more!” the prince had replied, stomping a foot. “Can’t we go see the wolves?”

“The wolves? Aren’t they dangerous Justin?” Stuart had asked, his fear showing through.

“You aren’t scared, are ya?” smirked Justin, “I mean, they aren’t going to hurt you unless you hurt them first.”

“They are stupid animals! They don’t think like us!” Stuart had defended his fear. Even at a young age, he didn’t like people to see him vulnerable.

“They aren’t stupid!” Justin replied tartly, “Let’s just keep playing this game!”

“Fine by me,” Stuart shrugged as he took off into the woods.

Even at that young of an age, Stuart had known how to get what he wanted. Now that he was older, he had heard rumors that the prince was spending less and less time playing prince. They had once been great friends. He hoped that his old friend was all right after the disapperance of his father.

Everyone in Luminiege had heard the rumors of what had happened when the old King of Ulfur had last stopped to see the young King Stuart. There was rumor that Stuart had lost his temper, something that he was famous for, and killed the king. That was rumor and a bit of fact. Though it wasn't that Stuart had lost his temper. He had planned it, planned the killing of the old king. He wanted more land.

And what way to get more land, and possibly the heir he desired, than by marriage.

Back to top Go down
https://the-castles-keep.forumotion.com
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Reyna let out a soft sigh as she sat by the hidden spring the royal family of Ulfur often visited, the queen staring into the clear water, watching small fish swim around in it as she braided her dark hair. Closing her eyes, Reyna allowed herself to slowly relax as she listened to the soft sound of water flowing into the spring from a small creek hidden among the plants.

She'd decided to stop off at the spring to try and mentally prepare herself for the meeting with king Bennett, it would be the first royal she'd personally spoken to since taking over for the missing king and the last thing she wanted was to mess it up. While she could have invited any one of the rulers from other kingdoms, she'd chosen Bennett knowing he'd once been close friends with her son and was hoping seeing his friend as a king would help make the prince realise his own responsibility as her son, the prince of Ulfur.

"Justin, are you ready to go?" She asked once she'd finished braiding her hair, turning to face where her son had sat down as she got to her feet, only to find he wasn't there.

"Not again..." She sighed, deciding to just go ahead to meet the king without him, knowing she could look for the prince for hours and still not find him. Shaking her head, the queen headed off towards the edge of the forest, knowing there would be hunters keeping an eye on her even if she couldn't see them.
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 am

When he was greeted by the queen alone, Wade was unsure what to think. Would his former friend of a prince show up with hunters, accusing him of murder? Was his plan already revealed.

No...no they can't have been Wade thought as he cooled himself. His plan was fool proof. No one expected him of murder. Not even his own kingdom. The only murder he had been accused of was that of his father and he would allow commoners to talk about that for years if they needed to.

His eyes gazed over the queen, forming an inward smile. She was beautiful, even though she was older than he was. Her hair was beautifully braided, her dress pristine. With the help of one of his men he dismounted his horse, bowing in front of her. "M'lady, tis an honor to see ye again."
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:47 am

Reyna smiled when she saw Stuart, watching as he dismounted his horse, the queen unaware of how exactly he'd ended up king. She'd heard Stuart's father had been sick and passed, but knew nothing of what had really happened, the rumours not having reached the forest kingdom.

"Stuart, you don't need to do that...we are equals now are we not?" She said softly as he bowed before her. "It is good to see you again though; how was your trip?" She asked as she looked over the young man curiously, not having seen him for a few years at least, realising that he looked much more mature than when she'd last seen him, especially compared to her own son.
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Stuart smiled at Reyna. Judging by the look in her eyes, she was unaware of the brutal history of the way he had taken the throne. He remembered crushing the plants in the bowl to make the soup, the way it had smelled ever so sweetly when he delivered it each day to his father. The almost laugh that would escape his lips every time his father took a bite, which he forced to turn into sobs. The thoughts of his handiwork never left him.

"Of course I need to do that m'lady," Stuart replied as he stood up straight to look at her again. "Yes we are equals, we were equals when I was but a prince. Yet I bow to you out of respect, as every good royal man must do to every good royal woman. And you, my sweet queen, are the most good in all the realms."

His eyes quickly gazed the worried wrinkles that had set into her face but he dismissed them, "How was my trip? Why, with all the good weather I am sure I must have dozed off once or twice."
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 am

"I doubt I'm really that good..." The queen said, slowly shaking her head at Stuart. Reyna couldn't help but smile though at the young king's words when asked about his travels, laughing softly as she put a hand on his arm.

"It's probably not advised to fall asleep while riding you know. What if you fell from your horse?" She responded, unable to hide her concern. She generally cared about anyone who she thought deserved the kidness, but she'd known the man since he was a boy, making her genuinely worry about him, almost as much as she did about her own son Justin.

"It would be a shame if you were to be injured while riding down here to visit me; I'd feel terrible knowing it was I who caused it to happen by inviting you..."
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 pm

"You must be for I have never met a woman half as good or half as kind as you are," he replied, his eyes twinkling as he looked her over. It was a lie of course. His own mother had been twice the woman that Queen Reyna was.

"I have men who make sure that I do not fall from the horse," Stuart replied with a small smile. "They are the same men who more than likely make sure that no one hurts a woman of your stature. Guards and others, you know the lot. I thank you, however, for your kindness. You've always been so very kind to me."
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 am

"Oh I doubt that," Reyna said, chuckling and shaking her head at him. "Have you ever met the queen of Breena? She is a very kind woman from what I have seen of her." She added, not picking up on the fact that he wasn't being sincere; occasionally as naive as Justin was.

"Well it's good you have men looking out for you while you rest, I know we aren't that far apart, but the journey can still be long." She saod, returning the small smile. "Of course, why would I not be kind? You were always a good friend to my son when your family visited in the past."

Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

"The queen of Breena and I do not often get along. I'm afraid it was how I was raised m'lady. We are taught that magic is wrong and that any creature capable of doing magic must not be trusted," Stuart said, his voice mocking his sadness. He did not like Queen Angel nor did he get along with Prince Alex or Prince Artemis. They all knew his true intentions and he rarely ever made his way to their kingdom for that reason.

"The journey is always long when there are bandits," Stuart nodded, "I do wish I could do something to help men and women so that they did not have to turn to lives of such indecency."
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:01 am

"That is fair enough, I suppose..." Reyna sighed, nodding slowly. "Each kingdom has its own beliefs and everyone is entitled to think what they wish on the matter of magic." She herself didn't have a problem with the royalty of Breena and she didn't think they even had their own magic at all anyway. She knew some magic though wasn't to be trusted.

"There were bandits?" She asked, her habit of worrying stopping her from thinking about whether or not he really did mean to help those men and women. "They did not harm any of you, did they...?"
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Stuart nodded, "Yes, each kingdom does have it's own belief. I was never sure what to think of your kingdoms love for the wolves as a child. Now that I am older I see that it is a needed thing that you idolize their powerful ways."

That was a lie. He still didn't understand what the infatuation with the animals were. They seemed dirty and pathetic to him, monsters that he could crush with a swipe of his broadswoard if needed. "Aye, there were a few bandits. They did not harm us. I was able to take out a few myself before my men ushered me away."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)   Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing The Part Of King (Reyna/Stuart)
Page 1 of 1