The Castle's Keep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Castle's Keep

Courts of kingdoms always hide secrets, be they from other members of the court or foreign nations. Though noble houses band together, sometimes they are kept that way only to plot against one another

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Death and Life (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:48 am

Stuart laughed and shook his head, "You boys have a lot to learn so that you may fit right in with the men who live around me. The role of a royal is to keep the miserable toe rags known as peasants in line, to make sure they don't think to highly of themselves."

He kept his gaze straight forward, "We are almost there. Give it a few more moments and we will be within the walls of my magnificent castle."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:35 am

Adam frowned at how Wade viewed the people he was supposed to take care of and rule, but he kept his mouth shut. He was too tired to argue and far to worried about his sick brother. They had been on the road for far too long and he was looking forward to a bed to lay his head on for the first time in weeks. He carefully reached over to help lead Jay's horse so he could close his eyes for a while. He breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of the castle.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 am

Stuart grinned as they came into view of the beautiful royal palace of Luminiege. "If you boys wish, I will show you to the chambers where the knights stay. If not, then I will have someone else show you. It is in your best interest to stay there while your brother stays in the infirmary."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:25 am

Adam studied the grand palace as they continued towards it, he was supposed to see green treetops just over the wall. He glanced back at the king, "What is this place... I would rather stay with my brother and help heal him..." Adam said in a guarded voice as he wondered what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:48 am

Stuart dismounted his horse, looking over the place. "This is the barracks, where my soldiers stay. You must stay here. It is required. I will make sure that your young brother gets the help that he so desperately needs."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:00 am

Adam frowned, but sighed. He didn't want to leave his brother in the king's hands, but it was the only way he'd get help it seemed. "I... Understand..." He said as he looked at his brother, he didn't like this one bit. His back was against the wall though and he'd do what he could to help his brother.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am

Stuart took Jay by the arm and led him into the medics chambers, "Tell me, boy, why does he not trust me? What did your family believe about my noble family? You will not be persecuted for telling me the truth."

He lied, he always lied. If he were to know the truth, he would extract vengence. Perhaps not on Jay but maybe on Adam.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:50 am

"My brother does not trust easy, not after we were exiled from our land and mother... Plus he has always protective of me and our sister..." Jay answered softly, "We do not know much about this kingdom or your noble family sire, we focused on learning about fighting and healing. We learned only about our own kingdom, father thought we'd spend our lifes in our homeland..." He spoke the truth, his eyes showing it.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 am

There was a twinge of sadness in his soul at hearing the story of his young man but he kept it to himself. Part of being a good king was making sure that the commoners and knights never saw you weak and emotional. He nodded, "I can understand why you would not know a lot about my wonderous home. It is a place that most do not like to talk about for the dishonor that they will want to live here as one of my subjects."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:32 am

Jay nodded slowly as he listened, so something had happened in this kingdom. He wished his father had made them learn about the other kingdoms of their land, he wished he knew what the king was talking about when he spoke of dishonor. He leaned against the wall of the castle, tired once again and wishing he could rest.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:00 pm

"Keep moving," Stuart urged as they walked into the medics tent. Men and women who had been working dropped to their knees in a bow, fearful that they would disrespect their king. He gestured for them to rise before calling out, "I need the best of you to attend to this man right here. His name is Jayson Reso and he will be one of my personal guard from now on."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:56 am

Jay was half out on his feet, his brain only half taking in the words of the king. He could tell from the look on the healer's faces that they couldn't believe the king's words as well. He fought the want to close his eyes and finally let his body rest, but he wasn't sure if that was a smart thing with the fever he had.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:25 pm

"I BLOODY SAID HELP HIM!" Stuart shouted as none of the men moved, coming up to help support Jay as he leaned against the wall. "If I have to tell the lot of you one more time..." he raised a hand threateningly though he would strike if it was needed. Though he was never trained by a warrior in hand to hand combat, Stuart had been a fighter all of his life and warranted many fights amongst his men and his friends.

A young woman stepped forward, "I'll tend to him, m'liege..."

"See to it that you do," Stuart replied as he helped Jay to lie in a bed. "If he is awake by supper, send him to the castle. I expect you lot know where that is."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:12 am

"T-Thank you..." Jay said softly, his tired body hitting the bed gratfully. He slowly allowed his eyes to close, letting himself finally drift off into a rest as a blanket was placed over himself. "Thank you." He murmured once more.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:48 am

Stuart spent the night worrying about the young man. It was unlike him, to think so much of a lowly soldier who meant nothing in the eyes of the community. If Jay died, nothing would come of it.

At least, that's what Stuart told himself as he waited outside the door to the infirmary.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:53 am

Adam sat worriedly on the assigned cot as he waited for any news on his brother, he ignored the sounds and moments of the other man.

It was hours before Jay managed to force his eyes open tiredly, he looked slowly around the room. He curled into the blanket as he watched the men and women moved around the room.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:50 am

The young woman who had been tasked with taking care of Jay walked into the open waiting area, smiling at the king and his friend who sat on another cot as she bowed. "M'liege....good knight...the young man is awake and showing good signs of moving..."

Stuart smiled and stood, "Thank you, peasant. I will make sure extra gold coins are passed your way for the work you have done. Now show me to him."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Adam stood up as he looked at the king, it sounded like his brother would be okay. But he wanted to make sure, he was worried for him.

Jay looked up tiredly as he laid there, he watched the door open.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:03 am

Stuart entered first, excersing his right as king. "We were worried about you young warrior. You gave us quite a scare. I can tell that you're brother cares deeply for you because he has not left the area, even though I expressly ordered him to go to the barracks."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:41 am

"I am sorry to have worried you." Jay said softly, he blinked slowly, still a little out of it thanks to his body having to fight the fever. Adam didn't even try to look apologetic, he had been so worried for his younger brother and he was scared of losing him.
Back to top Go down
Stuart Bennett

Stuart Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:15 pm

"There will be no apologies," Stuart replied with a kind smile. He noted how in the right light, the young knight in front of him was a handsome man, even if he did find that peasants needed to be treated as highly as nobles. "See to it that you eat a good meal tonight in my company, Jason?"
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 1:41 am

Jay gave a small tired smile back when the king gave him a kind smile. "As you wish sire." He answered softly, feeling a little shy at the idea of eating with the king that night. He bowed his head as a sign of respect since he was still laying down and wasn't sure if he could sit up yet.
Back to top Go down
Nols
Admin
Nols

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:24 am

Stuart took a pause, "Or...if you wish...I could bring your supper to you..."
Back to top Go down
https://the-castles-keep.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Death and Life (OPEN)   Of Death and Life (OPEN) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Death and Life (OPEN)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3