The Castle's Keep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Castle's Keep

Courts of kingdoms always hide secrets, be they from other members of the court or foreign nations. Though noble houses band together, sometimes they are kept that way only to plot against one another

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quiet Moment Or Not (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MattieJay

MattieJay

Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Prince Alex sighed as he silently slipped into a quiet alcove away from the court and its chatter, with the guests visiting his sister the queen it seemed that it was always buzzing in the great hall. With all the talking and gossip about everything about the guests it had seemed like the place would not calm down until the guests left. He found himself missing his best friend Sir Christopher whom everyone that was the young prince's lover, in truth he was no more then his best friend though it was true he prefered make lovers. He was envious of his best friend being able to travel about while he was required to stay and play host with his sister, he heard a noise that shook him out of his thoughts and looked up as someone stepped into the alcove.
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 am

Despite being a duke from Luminiege, Riley Helland hated having to attend such events as they drew attention to his noble status, which had always bothered him. Sure he liked that he never had to worry about not having food or a home to live in, but it bothered him seeing how some noble people treated others below them. He'd come with some of his other family members to visit Queen Angel against his will, knowing all they wanted was a chance to show off their wealth to another kingdom; all Riley wanted to do was leave.

Knowing he was unable to do that, the Duke got up from the table he'd been sitting at with his family, brushing a bit of his chin-length blonde hair off his face as he walked off, looking for somewhere more peaceful, eventually coming across a small area away from the noise. With a small smile, he quickly headed towards it, jumping slightly when he almost ran into someone.

"Oh! Forgive me, I didn't realise anyone else was out here..." He quickly apologised, bowing his head politely, though he hadn't even stopped to look at the person properly.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 am

"Oh it is alright..." Alex said quickly, seeing that it was only of his sister's guests. If he remembered right his name was Riley and he was duke, he wondered what he was doing in the alcove. "You seeking a quiet moment as well sir?" He asked curously, tilting his head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 am

Riley nodded in response to the question. "Something like that," He chuckled. "...I could go somewhere else if you'd rather be alone." He added politely, slowly lifting his head to look at the person he'd almost crashed into.

"Uh...do I know you?" He asked, not recognising the Prince, never having actually spoken to him before.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:58 pm

"No it is alright, you can stay if you wish." Alex said with a kind smile, he didn't mind company. "I was there when you met with my sister, I am Alex brother of the queen. I was the one that sneaked in late..."
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 am

"Oh, that was you?" Riley said with a small smile. "I apologise, I didn't really pay much attention, I'm not really one for gatherings like this..." He added sighing as he leaned against the wall.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 am

"I don't either, too many people talking and nosing around..... Plus my brother never comes out of his room when so many people around....." Alex said the last part with a pout that made him look like a child. "Its boring without Arty around.... Oh i don't mean to offend if i did...." Alex said when he realized that may not of been the best thing to say, he tended to say the wrong thing.
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:48 am

"You have a brother?" Riley asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. "I wasn't aware there was another one of you, my family's never mentioned any others before." He added before quickly shaking his head.

"Oh, no, it's alright. I know what you mean... things are usually more interesting or easier to put up with when someone familiar's around, unless they're busy like your sister must be." He said softly, looking over his shoulder in the direction of the hall the others were in.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:25 pm

"My brother Prince Artemis is very shy and doesn't appear at court, many people forget him and know not of him. I often spend all my time with him... That is why i was sneaking in i had been with him." Alex said with a soft smile, he loved being with his brother. He sighed a little and peaked through the curtian at his sister, "She has been so busy.... Mother left quickly after father passed and Angel was pushed into the role of queen..... She does a good job though."
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:24 am

"Oh...I'm sorry." Riley said, frowning. "I wasn't aware that was how she became queen." He said, brushing a bit of blonde hair off his face before watching Alex curiously.

"So why exactly is your brother so shy?" He eventually asked, unable to help himself. "I'm not even sure whether or not my king knows of a second son in your family; I've never heard of anyone mentioning him before..."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 am

"My brother is prone to panic attacks when he is in a large crowd or with people he does not know, he has always been like this..." Alex said softly. "But he is also the kindest and sweetest person ever. He helps keep me sane with this court..." Alex eyes shone as he talked about Artemis, it was not hard to see that he loved him greatly. "Not many people know about him though, i would not be surprised if your king did not know of him."
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:24 am

"Oh, that is unfortunate," Riley said with a frown. "Why does that happen, or do you not know...?" He asked afterwards, missing the look on Alex's face, glancing away again as if he was worried about being seen.

"If my king does know about your brother I've not heard him say so...but then it's not like I spend much time around King Stuart, I spend most of my time in the villages."
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:41 am

"We are still not sure why... Doctors have ideas, but no answer...." Alex said as he looked away. "You are lucky to be able to not have to spend time at court... I would love to be able to not have to deal with the fickle nature of this court..." Alex said softly, his voice sounded thoughtful, "I would spend all my time with my brother and sister though.
Back to top Go down
Samui

Samui

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:10 am

Riley nodded slowly, choosing not to make the comment he'd been about to in response to the doctors not knowing the exact cause of the other prince's problem. He doubted it would get a very positive reaction and the last thing he needed was to get in trouble with someone from a Royal family.

"I still have to attend such things though; I wouldn't be here otherwise." He pointed out, not looking pleased about having been made to travel out to Breena. "...I take it you are quite close to your family?" He asked afterwards, hoping his envy wasn't obvious.
Back to top Go down
MattieJay

MattieJay

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Alex nodded, "Yes, I was close to my father before his passing and I've always been close to my brother and sister... My mother was always a little distant from everyone, but my father... She loved him greatly, she was a good mother though."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Moment Or Not (open)   Quiet Moment Or Not (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Moment Or Not (open)
Page 1 of 1